Canvas Observer Account
Create Observer Canvas Account
The following steps are for parents who do not have a Canvas account and want to observe their students in their courses. In order to create a Canvas account, click on Canvas For Families (button above).
Click Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account
Enter the following information:
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your email in the Your Email field. The email you use will be your username the next time you log in to Canvas. (4J employees use personal email account to pair and observe your own children).
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
- Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Start Participating button.
How to Get a Pairing Code: Open Settings in Student Account
Note: Pairing codes can only be generated from the web version of Canvas. Pairing codes cannot be generated from the Canvas mobile apps.
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
Pair with Observer
Click the Pair with Observer button.
Note: If the Pair with Observer button doesn’t display in your User Settings, please contact your institution for assistance with pairing with an observer.
Copy Pairing Code
Copy the six-digit alphanumeric pairing code . You will need to share the code with the observer who will link to your account. The pairing code will expire after seven days or its first use.
To close the window, click the OK button .